Wednesday 6 April 2011

Belvoir Half Marathon 3rd April 2011

Coming two weeks before the London Marathon this was to be my final race. After this race I would begin to take things easier in preparation for the 26.2 miles a fortnight later. I went into Belvoir feeling confident and decided that I would try and thrash it out a bit and use the time as an accurate indicator of how I would fare at London. In the event I was probably too keen and I think perhaps I went off too fast. It could have been a bit of jet lag knocking about after my return from Japan but whatever it was I recorded a disappointing 1:29:01. So close to London with all the training under my belt I would hope to be running closer to 1:27:00, the course was fast, the weather good but for some reason I never felt good. It was one of those races where you feel like you labour round the course and you don't have the zip to do as well as you might like.  The marathon calculator http://www.liebreich.com/LDC/HTML/Various/RunCalculator.html says I'll run London in 3:10:39 - the pressures on, sub 3:10 is worth an automatic good for age entry in London 2012.  

The Belvoir race was well organised, the course is relatively fast and run along country lanes but in my view its expensive. at £17 unattached and £15 attached with  no t-shirt.The cost would put me off entering again.


No comments:

Post a Comment