Sunday 16 January 2011

EDWINSTOWE CHRISTMAS 10K - 9th January 2011

The Edwinstowe Christmas 10K was supposed to take place on Sunday 7th December 2010 but the snow fell and fell some more. The race was postponed and instead took place as a post Christmas blow out on the 9th January 2011.

The event was well organised involving a 10K blast through Sherwood Forest. The race passes somewhere near the The Major Oak Tree, a tourist attraction best avoided in my opinion.

There must be a more sympathetic way to preserve a tree of historical significance rather than proping it up with scaffel poles!
I finished 19th with a time of 42:03. I was satisfied with this result. I felt good considering the Christmas excesses but was bought back down to earth when i had to exchange my large t-shirt for and extra large. 

No comments:

Post a Comment