Sunday 19 April 2015

Hard as Nayls - Hong Kong.

Race: Hard as Nayls
Website: Here
Results: Here
Distance: 21k (13 miles)
Elevation: 2156m gain.
Terrain: Path, Beach and Mountain.
Country: Hong Kong (a half version of this)

I was pretty unfit by this stage of our travels, i had spent much of the preceding six months eating my through South East Asia. Nonetheless, I was in Kong Kong and there was a mountain race to be done. The race was a memorial race in the memory of a police officer from Anglesey, North Wales who was serving as a police officer in Hong Kong until he died during an ironman triathlon in New York.

pulling up the climb.

The race ran around Clearwater Bay Country Park. I remember a particularly severe climb to the top of one of the hills that was rewarded by spectacular view across the glistening oceans below. It was a humid day making progress difficult. I had to avoid a competitor that had come to grief in the final 400m (he was receiving medical attention and recovered).  There were lots of Westerners dong the race and it seems there was a good running community locally. After the race we returned to one of the beaches that I had run across, only this time to dip in the sea.  I finished this race in 26th position in a time of 2 hours 12 minutes and 6 seconds. The video of me crossing the line is here at 1:47:40 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment